IELTS SPEAKING PART 1: PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Are you excited for Lunar New Year???
Lunar New Year- một trong những Public Holiday- 1 trong những topic Part 1 của Quý 1 năm 2019. Topic này không quá challenging cho các mem phải không ạ ^^ Nhưng hãy cùng nghía qua một chút Sample answers để cho câu trả lợi tự nhiên và chau chuốt hơn nhé
- Do you like the New Year celebration?
Absolutely yes! New Year always brings a sense of opportunity and a chance to turn over a new leaf. As well as this, there’s an abundance of lively activities and meaningful traditions to enjoy such as firework displays, scrumptious cuisine and the giving and receiving of lucky money. Also, all people love to take a long break to let there hair down and chill out for a few days.
- How many public holidays are there in your country?
I would say we have roughly 19-21 days. It may sound like a lot but in fact, our neighbors Thailand or Laos, they have even more national holidays than us. From my latest updates on the government websites, this year 2019, we would have 21 days off in total such as Reunification Day, International Labour Day and so on.
- What do you do during these holidays?
I would surely make the most of those valuable days off by taking a short trip to any nearby resort to get away from it all and recharge my batteries. Otherwise, I would enjoy / do the same as everyone else, spending quality time with friends and families, hanging out or catching up on sleep.
- Which places are normally crowded in your country during holidays?
For sure, there are certain places that are packed during holidays. The most obvious example of this is pagodas/ temples during the New Year are jammed full of families who gather to pray for good health and prosperity. On other occasions, people would hit numerous fashionable clubs and lively bars in the Old Quarter areas. Whereas, other tourist hot spots such as Sapa or Halong Bay are popular with more affluent families.
- Do you enjoy being in crowded places?
I would say it really depends on my mood. If I’m in the mood to parties, then I would definitely visit my favourite bars or clubs to enjoy a high level of adrenaline with everyone dancing and singing along to the upbeat music. However, if I feel a little more insular (or I feel blue/ down in the dumps), I would prefer to remain copped up and cosy in my world at home.
- Turn over a new leaf = to start behaving in a better way : lật sang 1 trang mới (thay đổi)
Example: Apparently he's turned over a new leaf and he's not smoking any more.
- Abundance (n) /əˈbʌn.dəns/ = the situation in which there is more than enough of something: có rất nhiều, vô vàn
Example: There was an abundance of food at the wedding.
(Có rất nhiều thức ăn trong đám cưới.)
- Firework displays:những màn trình diễn pháo hoa
- Scrumptious (a) /ˈskrʌmp.ʃəs/ = tasting extremely good: hảo hạng, ngon tuyệt
Example: scrumptious cakes
(bánh hảo hạng)
- Let go= let your hair down = to be more relaxed than usual and enjoy yourself: vui vẻ, thoải mái
Example: I like to let my hair down on the dance floor.
- Roughly (adv) /ˈrʌf.li/ =approximately: xấp xỉ
Example: There has been an increase of roughly 2.25 million.
- In fact = actually: thực sự, thực tế thì
Example: He was in fact near death by the time they reached him.
(Thực tế anh ta đã cận kề cái chết khi họ đến được với anh ta.)
- Reunification (n) /ˌriː.juː.nɪ.fɪˈkeɪ.ʃən/ = an occasion when a country that was temporarily divided into smaller countries is joined together again as one country: ngày thống nhất đất nước
Example: the reunification of Germany
- May Day (n) /ˈmeɪ ˌdeɪ/ = International Labour Day = the first day of May, a holiday in many countries. It traditionally celebrates spring but now it is often used to honour workers: ngày quốc tế lao động
- Day off (n) a day when you do not work: ngày nghỉ
Example: The change in rules meant they would be unable to take a day off if their children were ill
(Sự thay đổi trong các quy tắc có nghĩa là họ sẽ không thể nghỉ một ngày nếu con cái họ bị ốm.)
- Packed (a) /pækt/ = completelyfull: cực kì đông
Example: The train was so packed that I couldn't find a seat.
(Tàu chật cứng đến nỗi tôi không thể tìm được chỗ ngồi.)
- Prosperity (n) /prɒsˈper.ə.ti/ = the state of being successful and having a lot of money: sự thịnh vượng
Example: A country's future prosperity depends, to an extent, upon the quality of education of its people
(Sự thịnh vượng trong tương lai của một quốc gia phụ thuộc vào chất lượng giáo dục của người dân.)
- Hot spot (n) /ˈhɑt ˌspɑt/ = a place that is popular, for example, for vacations or entertainment: các điểm thu hút khách du lịch
Example: This summer’s vacation hot spot is Alaska.
- Affluent (a) /ˈæf.lu.ənt/ = having a lot of money or owning a lot of things: giàu có, thịnh vượng
Example: affluent nations/neighbourhoods
- Be in the mood (for sth/to do sth)= to feel like doing or having something: đang có tâm trạng / hứng làm gì đó
Example: I’m not really in the mood for shopping.
- Adrenaline (n) /əˈdren·əl·ən, -ˌin/ = a hormone (= chemical substance) produced by the body when a person is frightened, angry, or excited, which makes the hearts beat faster and prepares the body to react to danger: sự phấn khích cực cao
- Cooped up (a) /ˌkuːpt ˈʌp/ = If you are cooped up somewhere, you are in a small closed space from which you cannot escape, or you feel as if you are: thu mình vào….
Example: I hate being cooped up inside working when its a sunny day outside.
(Tôi ghét bị gò bó bên trong làm việc khi một ngày nắng bên ngoài.)
- Insular (a) /ˈɪn.sjə.lər/ = interested only in your own country or group and not willing to accept different or foreign ideas
- (Down) in the dumps = unhappy: không vui
Example: She’s a bit down in the dumps because she failed one of her exams.Hãy cùng Cập nhật thông tin lớp học và nhiều bài học thú vị tiếng Anh qua trang facebook của BEC qua link sau các bạn nhé www.facebook.com/BEC.edu.vn
- Các bài học tiếng Hàn qua trang facebook: www.facebook.com/letspeakKorea
THÔNG TIN LIÊN HỆ
Trung tâm Bright Education Centre
Số 57, ngõ 295 Bạch Mai, quận Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội
Hotline - Ms Thao - 0987.905.529