IELTS SPEAKING PART 1 : SHOES
Shoes - một trong nhữn vật dụng không thể thiếu với mỗi người cuộc sống hàng ngày. Vậy khi vào Speaking Part 1, topic này có khó không mem nhỉ ?? Cùng tham khảo ngay Sample mẫu của BEC để tìm hiểu về topic này ngay nhé
- Do you like buying shoes?
Absolutely yes! Especially those fancy trainers never fail to excite me (or never fails to tickle my fancy) (lol). I would love to buy as many shoes as I can provided I have enough money. Also, it’s one of the must-have accessories to top off your outfits and really shows your sense of fashion.
- Where do you usually buy your shoes?
Well, I have a strong preference for Nike brand shoes because they are so light, airy and trendy. However, to be honest with you (or: to tell you the truth), I don’t really trust Nike stores in Vietnam, so I often ask my friends Ami in New York to order a pair of Nikes for me every year.
- Have you ever bought shoes online?
Yes, actually I did buy a pair of Zara shoes a couple of years ago from a reputable shop on Facebook. They are quite reliable and I’m still wearing them even now.
- Do you prefer shoes that are fashionable or comfortable?
Ideally, they would be a combination of both. I couldn’t wear an ugly pair of shoes no matter how comfortable they were because they will not suit my outfits. On the other hand, even if I loved the way the shoes looked, I wouldn’t want to be in pain every time I wore them. Even worse, my feet would be worn-out.
- Is it good to have a lot of shoes?
Certainly! Having a lot of shoes would definitely provide various choices for you to mix and match with your outfits. Additionally, we need different shoes for numerous occasions such as wedding party, trekking or sports activities.
- Can you tell a person’s personality / character from their shoes?
I would agree up to a point because we should never judge a book by its cover. Having said that, it’s possible to discern things about a person probably from their certain shoes such as creativity, extroversion and introversion. For example, if you see a girl wearing jazzy shoes, she is a flamboyant person for sure.
- Trainer (n) /ˈtreɪ.nər/ = training shoe = (US) sneaker : giầy thể thao
- Tickle sb'sfancy - If something tickles your fancy, you like it and want to have it: khiến cho bạn thích cái gì đó
Example: Does anything on the menu tickle your fancy?
- Accessory noun /əkˈses.ər.i/- something added to a machine or to clothing that has a useful or decorative purpose : phụ kiện
Example: She wore a green wool suit with matching accessories (= shoes, hat, bag, etc.).
- Trendy adjective/ˈtren.di/ : thời giang, thời thượng
Example: trendy clothes
- Ideally (adverb)/aɪˈdɪə.li/ - used when describing the perfect situation : lí tưởng mà nói thì….
Example: She's ideally (= perfectly) suited to the job. : Cô ấy lý tưởng (= hoàn hảo) phù hợp với công việc.
- On the other hand - in a way that is different from the first thing you mentioned: mặc khác mà nói thì
Example: My husband likes classical music - I, on the other hand, like all kinds. : Chồng tôi thích nhạc cổ điển : mặt khác, tôi thích tất cả các loại.
- Worn out adjective/ˌwɔːn ˈaʊt/ - something that is worn out can no longer be used because it is so old or because it has been damaged by continued use: bị mòn, kiệt sức
Example: My jeans are almost worn out because I've worn them so much. : Quần jean của tôi gần như bị mòn vì tôi đã mặc chúng rất nhiều.
- Additionally adverb/əˈdɪʃənəli/ = also: thêm vào đó
Example: "Additionally, 45,000 people have already exhausted their unemployment benefits this year," he said. : “Ngoài ra, 45.000 người đã cạn kiệt trợ cấp thất nghiệp trong năm nay", ông nói.
- You can't judge a book by its cover = said to show that you cannot knowwhat something or someone is like by looking only at that person or thing's appearance: đừng đánh giá cái gì qua vẻ bề ngoài của họ cả
- Having said that = despitewhat has just been said: mặc dù vậy
Example: He forgets most things, but having said that, he always remembers my birthday.
- Discern verb /dɪˈsɜːn/ -to see, recognize, or understand something that is not clear: phân biệt
Example: It is difficult to discern any pattern in these figures. : Thật khó để phân biệt bất kỳ mô hình nào trong những số liệu này.
- Jazzy adjective/ˈdʒæz.i/ = very bright and colourful: sặc sỡ
Example: a jazzy tie/dress : cà vạt / váy sặc sỡ
- Flamboyant adjective/flæmˈbɔɪ.ənt/ - very confident in your behaviour, and liking to be noticed by other people, for example because of the way you dress, talk, etc.: màu mè, khoa trương, sặc sỡ
Example: The writer's flamboyant lifestyle was well known. : Lối sống khoa trương của nhà văn đã được biết đến.
- Top off something phrasal verb /tɑp/ - to make something completeor satisfying: khiến cho cái gì đó hoàn hảo, hoàn thiện
Example: A fabulous cherry pie topped off the meal. : Một chiếc bánh anh đào tuyệt vời làm hoàn hảo bữa ăn thực sự.Hãy cùng Cập nhật thông tin lớp học và nhiều bài học thú vị tiếng Anh qua trang facebook của BEC qua link sau các bạn nhé www.facebook.com/BEC.edu.vn
- Các bài học tiếng Hàn qua trang facebook: www.facebook.com/letspeakKorea
THÔNG TIN LIÊN HỆ
Trung tâm Bright Education Centre
Số 57, ngõ 295 Bạch Mai, quận Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội
Hotline - Ms Thao - 0987.905.529