Hôm trước, BEC đã cung cấp cho các bạn một số câu hỏi và cách trả lời về chủ đề "Lateness" - Sự chậm trễ. Vậy thì hôm nay, các bạn hãy cùng BEC tìm hiểu về chủ đề "Punctual" - Sự đúng giờ nhé. Đây là một nguyên tắc vô cùng quan trọng không chỉ trong học tập mà còn trong công việc và nhiều điều trong cuộc sống nữa đó. Chỉ đơn giản bằng việc tới đúng giờ đã thể hiện được mình là một người vô cùng chuyên nghiệp và lịch thiệp đúng không nào các bạn? Điều đó sẽ giúp các bạn gây được ấn tượng rất tốt với người khác đó.
1- Do you think it's important to be on time?
- Yeah, I think it definitely is, because it's basic manners to be on the dot for things. You know, I think you'd agree it's pretty rude to keep people waiting, and so it kind of makes a bad impression on people.
2- How do you feel when others are late?
- Well, I guess it kind of depends , because I mean, if there's a good reason for being late, you know, like getting stuck in traffic, then I will not really mind that much. But you know, if the person does not really have any excuse and it's simply because they could not be bothered to arrive on time, then I suppose I might feel a bit annoyed.
3- Are you, yourself, late very often?
- If yes: Yeah, I am. And I know it's a bad habit, but for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I always seem to end up being late for things!
- If no: No, I wouldn't say I'm dead on time. You know, most of the time I'm pretty good with being on time for things, because I always make a quite big effort not to late to avoid being pushed for time.
4- How do you feel when you are late?
- I feel pretty bad, especially if I've kept the other person waiting for a long time. So if I know I'm gonna be late, I will always try to let the person know in advance, you know, like send them a text message or something, so at least they know when to expect me.
5- When does time seem move to fast, and When does it seem to move slowly?
- Well, I think most people would agree that time moves fast when you're having fun. And a prime example would be when playing computer games, cuz I mean, whenever I play online with my friends, it always seems that only an hour or two has passed, but in actual fact, it's probably been four or five hours.
- And time normally goes slowly when you're bored or simply just enjoying yourself. For example, I remember at school, some of my classes felt like they would never end, when in fact they were just, like 45 minute long.
6- If you could go back in time. What would you do differently?
- That's an interesting but hard question. What would I do differently? Ok well, first of all, if I could go back in time, I would definitely spend more time practicing the piano, becuase you know, I never really practiced that much when I was younger, and I kind of regret it now, because I'd love to be able to play the piano well.
1/ On the dot: thời gian chính xác
2/ Dead on time: hoàn toàn đúng giờ
3/ Be pushed for time: vội vã