Are you seeing someone at the moment? Có vô vàn vocab hay ho thú vị khi bạn đang yêu hay đang ở giai đoạn tán tỉnh hẹn hò ai đó, bạn đã chắc mình nắm vững được hết cách dùng của chúng và mọi văn cảnh chưa?
1. Ask sb out /ɑːsk/: to invite someone to come with you to a place such as the cinema or a restaurant, especially as a way of starting a romantic relationship: hẹn hò ai
Example: She’s asked Steve out to the cinema this evening.
2. Be seeing someone = to be having a romantic or sexual relationship with someone: đang hẹn hò ai…
Example: Do you know whether he’s seeing anyone at the moment?
3. Chat up = engage someone in flirtatious conversation: tán tỉnh ai
Example: ”you're not trying to chat me up, are you?"
4. Come on to someone = to show sexual interest in (someone): cực mê mẩn ai
Example: She complained that her boss has been coming on to her.
5. Date (v) /deɪt/: to regularly spend time with someone you have a romantic relationship with: hẹn hò
Example: They dated for five years before they got married.
6. Drool over sb/sth /druːl/: to show extreme and sometimes silly pleasure while looking at someone or something: ngắm mê mẩn
Example: Roz and I sat by the swimming pool, drooling over all the gorgeous young men.
6. Fall for sb /fɔːl/: to suddenly have strong romantic feelings about someone: yêu ai
Example: He’s fallen for her in a big way.
7. Flirt (v) /flɜːt/: to behave as if sexually attracted to someone, although not seriously: tán tỉnh
Example: Christina was flirting with just about every man in the room.
8. Go out with someone = If you go out with someone, the two of you spend time together socially, and have a romantic or sexual relationship: hẹn hò ai
Example: They've only been going out for six weeks.
9. Hit on sb /hɪt/: to show someone that you are sexually attracted to them: Nói chuyện với ai đó để thu hút họ một cách quyến rũ
Example: Some guy hit on me while I was standing at the bar.
10. Make out /meɪk/: to kiss and touch in a sexual way, or to succeed in having sex with someone: hun hít
Example: Boys at that age are only interested in making out with girls.
11. Lead sb on /liːd/: to persuade someone to believe something that is untrue: làm ai hiểu lầm rằng họ cũng thích mình nhưng ko phải vậy.
Example: All that time she'd been leading him on (= pretending she liked him), but she was only interested in his money.
12. Stand sb up /stænd/: to intentionally fail to meet someone when you said you would, especially someone you were starting to have a romantic relationship with: bỏ bom ai (hẹn mà không đến)
Example: I don't know if I've been stood up or if she's just late - I'll wait another half hour.
13. Cheat on sb /tʃiːt/: If you cheat on your husband, wife, or usual sexual partner, you secretly have a sexual relationship with someone else: lừa gạt ai
Example: She found out that he'd been cheating on her.
Like và Follow fanpage BEC English Centre để update thêm các từ vựng và Sample mẫu HOT nhất trong IELTS!
Tham gia ngay cộng đồng IELTS SPEAKING tại BEC : https://bitly.vn/1vby để cập nhật các bài học cũng như đề thi IELTS mới nhất từ cộng đồng các bạn học viên của BEC.
Chúc các bạn ôn tập thật tốt!